Wednesday, June 27, 2012

DeQuin Andrews gives Louisiana his Verbal commitment


DeQuin Andrews 
Farmerville High in Louisiana Defensive Lineman DeQuin Andrews open the eyes of many during spring football as a playmaker on the defensive side of the football. The (6'3,268 lbs) 2011 All-District athlete's performance at UL's Senior Camp was good enough to garner an offer from the staff. Thursday afternoon, Andrews made the decision to give the Ragin' Cajuns and Coach Hudspeth his verbal commitment.

Coach Marquase Lovings has done an excellent job of recruiting talent out of north Louisiana for the Ragin’ Cajun football program.

 “Coach Lovings is great, when I told him that I was committing he was like “that’s great!”, Dequin said. “He was really excited and he had me laughing on the phone at him. I told Coach Hudspeth and he was pretty excited about it too. I just decided that I wanted to commit at this time and focus on my senior season.”

Andrews had traveled down to Lafayette on June 9th for the UL Senior Prospect Camp and his performance there helped seal an early offer from the Ragin’ Cajuns. 

However the defensive lineman says he would like to get a couple more camps in before it’s all over at Texas A&M and LSU.