Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Middle Tennessee head coach Rick Stockstill gets $100,000 bonus for performance


As the 2012 college football season comes to an end with just two weeks left for the regular season and then all the bowl games. Middle Tennessee head football coach Rick Stockstill earned a $100,000 raise and contract extension through June of 2019.

The Blue Raiders win over South Alabama help him secure that raise and extension.

MTSU Head Coach Rick Stockstill
If the Blue Raiders receive a bowl bid to earn another bonus, Stockstill’s projected income for the 2012-13 fiscal year will be about $725,000.

Stockstill receives a $100,000 raise to his base salary and an additional year extension to his contract each season his team meets three academic and athletic benchmarks, including:

(1) An overall winning record or at least five Sun Belt Conference wins, which was secured with Saturday’s victory,

(2) Team Academic Progress Rate (APR) score of 940 or better,

and (3) no major NCAA infractions or acts of gross negligence in the current year.

MTSU has a 7-3 overall record and 5-1 Sun Belt mark heading into Saturday’s home finale against Troy. The Blue Raiders are in a virtual tie with Arkansas State (8-3, 6-1) for first place in the Sun Belt standings.

“I consider myself a very very  competitor. I love to win. I hate to lose,” Stockstill said. “I’m proud of our team and our coaches. I never look at my contract to see how many bonuses or years are in there. All I want to do is do everything I can to give these players and this university my best effort every day and try to help them reach their goals, both on and off the field.”

Nobody thought we could do what we’ve done this year,” Stockstill said. “I think everybody picked us seventh or eighth (in the Sun Belt). With two weeks to go, we are still in first. I’m very proud of this team. I love this team.”