Sunday, July 29, 2012

Brandon King commits to South Alabama Jaguars


Brandon King says the recruiting process is over for him and that he plans to sign with the Jaguars as soon as his season is over at Highland, KS Community College.

The JUCO is a native of Alabaster, AL a former standout at Thompson High School who signed with Highland after his senior prep season. King is 6’2, 210lbs and he runs a 4.36, he led Highland with 118 total tackles last season, 70 of which were solo stops. he played linebacker last season but is being moved to safety this season to take advantage of his speed and size. King also had six tackles for a loss, one sack and one forced fumble last season.

"I've played linebacker my whole life, but they've moved me to safety because of my flexibility,'' King told the Mobile Register.

"I really liked that when I came down all the coaches were there and they seemed really dedicated to building the program,'' King said.” I really liked the facilities and how everybody is connected. I felt at home. A lot of schools, when you go on a visit they don't have every coach there excited about seeing you. Everyone knew me by name when I came in.

King said he has received recruiting interest from Northern Illinois, Auburn, Maryland and Rutgers, among other schools, but added he is happy to end the recruiting process.