Monday, July 9, 2012

Malzahn picks up Square from Alabama

Safety Jalen Square

Arkansas State University’s Head Football Coach Gus Malzahn picked up his seventh commitment of his 2013 recruiting class, when Mobile’s McGill-Toolen HS athlete Jalen Square decided it was time to become a Red Wolf.  

“It feels good, real good,” Square another media source. “When I went for a visit I really loved the campus and I loved the coaching staff, there is no other place I would rather be at.”

Jalen Square is 5’11, 180-pound athlete that is expected to play safety for the Red Wolves. “I really liked Coach Brandon Hall a lot, made me want to come there and play for him.”

ASU running back coach and Special Teams Coordinator Eliah Drinkwitz is Square’s recruiting coach assigned to his area.

Square currently has offer from UAB, Memphis, Toledo and Arkansas State.