Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Kamrin Solomon says it’s about getting an education and winning games at FAU

WR Kamrin Solomon 
Kamrin Solomon a 6’1, 180lb wide receiver recently became Florida Atlantic first commit for the 2013 signing class.

There is no doubt that location played a part in the commitment to Florida Atlantic for Kamrin, the high school senior told the Sun Belt Insider on Tuesday that he chose FAU over other schools because it was close to home.

Karmin plans to attend Florida Atlantic next season to study and major in computer engineering.

The standout wide receiver attends Manbarin High School in Jacksonville, FL. Karmin said FAU offered him the same position if enrolled. Karmin Solomon attended the Army Combine back in January and was named to the 2nd All Combine team. Karmin also received MVP for the Debartolo Camp in Florida.

I ask Karmin was Florida Atlantic the only Division 1 school to make him a offer and he said yes, but there was other schools that has interest in him. “I attended summer camp at Clemson, and received interest from Arkansas State,Western Kentucky, Arkansas and Clemson.”

Karmin didn’t waste any time to say the camp at Clemson was good, but he instead chose FAU Owls. “Clemson is a good school, but I feel that I would have a better chance of playing time at Florida Atlantic.”
Kamrin Solomon 


Karmin Solomon mentioned that the campus and stadium at Florida Atlantic is comfortable and nice, he also told me that he like the coaching staff and they really excites him. The soon to be owl said Coach Pelini was happy that he was coming aboard the football program and took forward to working with him in the future.

Before our conversation ended, I asked Karmin Solomon what his goals at Florida Atlantic.

“I plan on getting my degree and help the team to get to bowl games and maybe win the conference title.”

Is it your hope to one day to play in the NFL? “Yes, I hope to make it to the NFL and hope to start my life opportunities in the Boca Raton area.”

I wish Karmin Solomon the best of success in his endeavor at Florida Atlantic University.